Working Student / Intern Robotics Software Engineer (f/m/d)
At ENWAY we are building the software platform for autonomous utility machines in outdoor and difficult environments. Machines running with our software work intelligently by themselves and perform repetitive and dangerous tasks in areas that are typically not accessible to robots such as outdoor environments or dusty industrial facilities.
Our first product is B1 the sweeping solution for autonomous cleaning of industrial facilities and private operating yards. B1 is already deployed on customer sites in Germany. We are offering you the unique opportunity to join a deep tech startup with a highly motivated, result oriented and international team.
About the role
- You will be working on a wide range of tasks in the development of the robot, such as planning/reasoning, motion planning, controls, sensor fusion & integration, perception, localization, and navigation
- You will develop, test, and deploy code on real autonomous sweeping robots
- You will solve real-world problems of robots operating in real, uncontrolled, dynamic environments
- You will use state-of-the-art robotics equipment, such as 3D lidar sensors, 3D cameras, high precision controllers, etc.
- You will improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration and code reviews
- You will work with and within teams of robotics developers, computer scientists, and engineers
- Highly competitive market salary
- 25 days of vacation per year (full time)
- Flat hierarchies
- High Performance Company Laptop
- Flexible working times (Achievement of goals important, not "face time")
- Cool and vibrant working environment at the center of groundbreaking innovation
- Freedom and room to develop and implement your own new ideas
- Exciting team events
- Currently enrolled at a university in Berlin in robotics, computer science, mechatronics, information technology, or a comparable field/degree
- First experiences with C++ programming and Linux
- First experiences with software engineering tools (e.g., Git, CMake, gdb, etc.)
- First experiences with Robotics Frameworks, including ROS and simulation tools
- First experiences with developing robots
- First experiences with implementing and developing robotics-related methods/algorithms
- Great enthusiasm for robotics, software and a startup atmosphere
- Able to work fast and independently, yet favoring teamwork
- Proactive attitude, team spirit and great communication skills
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- experiences with developing, testing, and deploying robots that operate in the real world
- First experiences with both hardware and software sides of robot development
You do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly in order to apply. Avoid the confidence gap and give us the chance to meet you!